We have conducted a Waste Management Workshop for KSR’s Togetherments’ Homeowners on the 8th of December and were pleased by the immense response and support we received for exploring in terms of waste management strategies at KSR’s Togetherments, Miyapur, Hyderabad.
Our field experts:
- Vaishnavi Paturu is a Product Guide at 2getherments. Previously, she has worked as an Associate Counsellor for over 5 years at Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) and represented the company at various platforms in India and the Philippines. She facilitated 100+ green building projects across the country.
- Niharika Kosanam is the founder of Continuum Studio, a firm that strives to achieve sustainability in every aspect of living. She is a Sustainability Expert and an Accredited Professional for IGBC ad LEED Green Associate. She has 10+ years of experience in Building Design, Construction Management, Business Development, and Sustainability.
When our field experts and the research team, with their experience in the field, quantified the amount of waste being generated by 150 families in one year, the result was a whopping 169 tonnes, approximately, and at 2getherments, our effort is to reduce the amount of waste being sent to the deadly landfills.
In the workshop, both of our field experts interacted with the homeowners to understand the main issues the Indian families face while sorting out the waste in their community. At the end of the workshop, KSR’s Togetherments’ homeowners pledged to reduce consumption, reuse and responsibly dispose of the waste.
Some of the very interesting questions asked by homeowners are as follows:
1. Segregation may increase the usage of polythene bags so, what are the measures to reduce the usage of them? – P. Suresh Kumar Gupta
2. How can e-waste be reduced? How will it be recycled? – U. Srinivas Rao
3. What are the daily household items which come under dry waste, reject waste and wet waste? Can we have a handy list or some kind of stickers? – U. Srinivas Rao
4. What measures are we going to take to ensure that GHMC dumps the different types of wastes separately? – Vasu Sai Ram
Stay tuned for part 2 of the blog for the answers to all the questions and many more interesting updates regarding the workshop!